Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Banana-Nut Vanilla Chia Breakfast Pudding

As a child, I LOVED 'fish eyes and glue' - tapioca pudding for the rest of you...

Fast forward 28 years, and I'm dairy-free (for the most part). So tapioca pudding and I haven't partied together in quite a while. Luckily, I discovered chia seeds.

I've been looking for raw chia seeds for a while - ended up finding a package at my local TJ Maxx (along with the best Marmot furry vest EVER, score!) this past fall. I'm hooked!



Chia pudding is the perfect healthy breakfast for me. Easy to make, healthy, filling, readily packable in a Mason jar. And topped with bananas, salted macadamia nuts (or these crazy ones), and some candied nuts, like you see below, it'll keep me going all morning!

Here's my recipe for a basic breakfast pudding that you can dress up with your choice of toppings. What is your favorite way to dress up your chia pudding?

Basic Vanilla Chia Pudding

1/2 cup chia seeds
2 cups vanilla almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp maple syrup (brown rice syrup also works well)

In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients well. Let sit, refridgerated, overnight. Scoop into mason jars and top with your favorite toppings! I like chopped bananas, nuts, and cinnamon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to say as a fellow foodie, this is a really nice find. I haven’t really eaten it but I’d like to try this at least once. I think that I’ll be trying this for my mom’s birthday party that I’m hosting in a couple of days at one the best Seattle venues. Thanks for sharing the recipe!